Welcome! This website is for people interested in learning more about how to design courses for greater student engagement and better student learning.
We have designed the website to meet multiple purposes:
- Basic Learning: Provide links and resources for learning the basics of good course design.
- Advanced Learning: Provide additional handouts and suggestions – from multiple sources, for refining our ability to design powerful courses.
- Archive Examples: Collect examples of well-designed courses, so that people can see what good designs look like – and borrow good ideas.
- Multiple Communication Options: Enable you to communicate with large groups and sub-groups with your questions, discoveries, and suggestions related to course design.
- General Information and News: Post information and news from time to time, to inform visitors about events, new publications, etc.
For information about HOW this site is organized and how to find what you want, go to the “About This Site” tab at the top.
We hope you will visit the website often, communicate with others often, and contribute often!
Related Website: “Dee Fink & Associates” have a website with information about workshops and online courses that they provide for faculty on how to design significant learning experiences: www.deefinkandassociates.com